It’s a commonly held belief that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But just how important is it? Discover two reasons you shouldn’t be skipping breakfast.
1. You May Feel Hungrier
Breakfast literally breaks the fast you participate in every night. It’s an opportunity for your body to start the day with a filling meal that will keep you satisfied and comfortable throughout the day. By skipping breakfast, you are allowing room for your body to grow hungrier, which cannot only make you uncomfortable, but can affect your performance whether it’s during your workouts or at the office.
2. It Reinforces Portion Control
Modestly sized meals are one tactic to help you maintain a healthy weight, and this all starts with breakfast. By keeping yourself satisfied with reasonable portions of food throughout the day, you can reduce your chances of overeating during later meals to make up for a lack of calories.
Additionally, managing your calories wisely may help deter you from unhealthy food binges that can throw your body out of balance.
Breakfast Inspiration from BIOVEA & BareOrganics
Ready to stop skipping breakfast? Fuel your body in the mornings by trying out some of our favorite breakfast recipes that only take six steps or less to prepare and features whole, raw superfoods from BareOrganics!
Breakfast Yogurt Popsicles
1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
1 tsp. BareOrganics Acai Powder
½ cup almond milk
2 tsp. honey
½ cup granola
1 cup mixed berries
- Mix together the milk, yogurt, acai powder and 1 tsp of the honey.
- Divide the mixture between popsicle molds.
- Place a few berries into each mold.
- Mix the last teaspoon of honey with the granola and top the yogurt with a little granola mixture.
- Place a wooden ice cream stick into each mold and freeze popsicles for at least 4 hours before consuming.
- To remove the popsicles, run the mold under a little hot water until they come loose.
Orange Spice Chia Energy Muffins
½ cup whole wheat flour
1⁄3 cup white flour
¾ tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. nutmeg
2-3 pinches BareOrganics Cayenne Powder
¼ cup BareOrganics Coconut Oil
½ cup cashew milk
½ tsp. almond extract
½ cup warm water + 2 tsp BareOrganics Chia Seeds
3 tbsp. orange juice
1 banana, mashed
1⁄3 cup BareOrganics Cacao Nibs
pinch of sugar + pinch of BareOrganics Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line or grease a muffin pan.
- Stir the water and chia seeds together in a mixing bowl. Allow to sit for about five minutes to plump the seeds a bit.
- Combine whole wheat flour, white flour, coconut palm sugar, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cayenne powder and maca root powder in mixing bowl.
- Stir in the coconut oil, cashew milk, almond extract, mashed banana, soaked chia seeds and orange juice. Mix until smoothed. Use a beater on the lowest setting if desired.
- Stir in the cacao nibs with a spatula.
- Fill muffin tins and add a pinch of sugar and chia seeds over top each muffin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops begin to brown and the muffins are cooked through the middle.
How do you fuel your body in the morning? Share your favorite breakfast in the comments below!Tags: BareOrganics, BIOVEA, breakfast, breakfast recipe, health and wellness, healthy diet, healthy lifestyle, healthy living, importance of breakfast, overall health, skipping breakfast