Not all breakfast treats are created equal! Try out some of these delicious healthy alternative breakfast recipes featuring ingredients from BareOrganics Superfoods and let us know how they turn out in the comments!
Beet Apple Cider Donuts
2 tbsp. coconut flour
2 tbsp. BareOrganics Beet Root Powder
½ cup non-dairy milk
2/3 cup organic apple cider, at room temperature
½ cup light brown sugar
6 tbsp. liquid coconut oil
Seeds from ½ a vanilla bean
4 large pasture-raised eggs, room temperature
1½ cups blanched almond flour
½ cup Tapioca starch
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. fine sea salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, beet powder, and milk of your choice until a thick paste forms. Whisk in the apple cider, light brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet a little at a time until everything is combined.
- Add the batter to a piping bag and fill the donut cavities 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking at 12 minutes for doneness, until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean and donuts are golden.
- Remove donuts from pan, rinse, dry, and grease donut pan, and repeat with remaining batter.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the sugars and cinnamon. Once the donuts are completely cool, dunk them in the topping, gently turning them to cover their sides and tops.
Adaptogen Banana Bread
1 ½ cups oats, ground into oat flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. BareOrganics Maca Root Powder
1 tsp. BareOrganics Ashwagandha Root Powder
¼ cup cane sugar
¼ cup BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar
1 ½ cup of pureed ripe banana
2 tbsp. agave nectar
1/8 tsp. almond extract
¼ cup of BareOrganics Coconut Oil, melted
¾ cup of soy milk
1 ¾ cup of almond flour
¼ cup of cassava flour
¼ cup of almond butter
¼ cup of BareOrganics Cacao Nibs
- In a bowl, stir to combine the oats, baking powder, maca, ashwagandha, cane sugar, coconut palm sugar, almond flour, and cassava flour.
- Next, add the banana puree, agave nectar, almond extract, coconut oil, soy milk, and egg.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the bread batter into a greased bread loaf pan evenly.
- Next, drizzle the almond butter on top of the banana bread batter.
- Top the bread batter with cacao nibs.
- Place the loaf pan in the oven.
- Bake the banana bread for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or longer if needed.
- Once the loaf is finished baking, allow it to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- Store any leftover bread in the refrigerator.
Cinnamon Swirl Beet Buns
1 cup + 2 tbsp. warm soy milk
6 large eggs
6 tbsp. honey
6 cups white whole wheat flour
¾ cup BareOrganics Beet Root Powder
3¼ tsp. instant yeast (About 1½ packets)
1 tbsp. salt
14 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature (1¾ sticks, cut into 1-inch pieces)
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
3 tbsp. orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and honey.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, mix the flour, beet powder, yeast, and salt.
- Add in the egg mixture and mix on low to combine.
- With the mixer on low, add the butter one piece at a time.
- When all the butter has been added, increase the speed to medium and beat the butter into the dough until incorporated, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a large greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Place your hands underneath the dough and fold it over onto itself, turn the bowl and repeat the folds by at least 6 more times until the dough is in one large mound and flipped on the reverse side.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap again and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the folding technique every 30 minutes for a total rise time of 2 hours.
- Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and set aside
- Line a 12-by-16-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Transfer the dough to a large floured work surface and roll out to a 25-by-25-inch square.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter and evenly coat with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Starting on either side, roll the dough into a tight cylinder and use scissors to cut the dough into 12 equal rolls.
- Transfer the rolls to the prepared pan, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and remove the plastic wrap.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until the rolls are puffed and golden.
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a medium bowl and whip with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add in the vanilla, salt, confectioner’s sugar, and orange juice and mix on low until the icing is light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Pull the buns from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a spoon or offset spatula, apply a generous layer of the frosting.
- Let the rolls cool for 5 to 10 minutes more and serve warm!
Comments For 'Bake Your Heart Out With These Healthy Alternative Breakfast Recipes'