When the weather starts to cool down, it’s time to break out the soup recipes! Stick to your keto diet with these delicious keto soups, featuring superfoods from BareOrganics.
Keto Thai Chicken Zoodle Soup
1 tbsp. BareOrganics Coconut Oil
½ yellow onion, chopped
1 jalapeño, chopped
1 ½ tbsp. green curry paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 cups chicken bone broth such as Pacific Foods
1 15- ounce can coconut milk (full fat)
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 tsp. BareOrganics Cayenne Pepper
1 pound chicken breasts or thighs, thinly sliced against the grain
2 tbsp. fish sauce
½ cup chopped cilantro
2 medium zucchini, spiralized
1 lime cut into 8 wedges
- In a large sauce pan, heat coconut oil over medium heat until melted and shimmering. Add onions and sauté until just translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in jalapeño, curry paste and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add cayenne pepper, turmeric root powder, chicken broth and coconut milk, whisking until fully combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and add red pepper, chicken and fish sauce. Let simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in cilantro.
- Divide zoodles among 8 soup bowls and ladle soup over; the heat of the soup will make the zoodles tender. If you are not serving it all at once, only use enough zoodles for each bowl of soup you are serving. The rest will keep well in a covered container for a day.
- Serve each with a squeeze of lime.
Keto Cauliflower & Mushroom Immunity Soup
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 8 cups)
1 lb. white button mushrooms
6 c. chicken or vegetable stock
3 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for serving
1 bay leaf
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. heavy cream or whole milk
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add cauliflower, mushrooms, mushroom immune blend, stock, thyme, and the bay leaf and bring up to a simmer. Cook until cauliflower is very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- When vegetables are tender, remove thyme and bay leaf and discard. Blend with immersion blender or transfer to a blender in batches and blend until smooth. Stir in cream and reheat if needed. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh thyme and serve immediately.
Keto Chicken Turmeric Soup
2 and ½ tsp. BareOrganics Turmeric Root Powder
1 and ½ tsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. ground coriander seeds
1/8 tsp. BareOrganics Cayenne Pepper Powder
3 small boneless chicken thighs
2 tbsp. BareOrganics Coconut Oil
1 small onion, diced
4 cups (total) of chopped carrots, broccoli and cauliflower
4 cups bone broth
1 cup water
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
2 cups kale, de-stemmed and sliced into thin ribbons
½ cup full fat coconut milk (or any milk of choice)
- Mix turmeric, cumin, ground coriander and cayenne in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop chicken thighs into small bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a medium soup pot. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add half of the turmeric spice mixture and the 4 cups of vegetables and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth, water, bay leaf, and ginger to pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until vegetables are fork tender, about 8-10 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in coconut milk and greens, allowing the heat to wilt the greens.
- While vegetables are cooking, heat remaining one tablespoon of fat in a large skillet. Add chopped chicken pieces and cook until no longer pink on outside, about 5 minutes. Add remaining turmeric spice mix and cook until chicken is thoroughly cooked inside, about another 5 minutes.
- Once vegetables are done, ladle soup into your favorite bowls, top with cooked chicken and garnish with fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes, and a squeeze of lemon.