What Is the Keto Diet?
In a nutshell, the keto diet encourages your body to produce “ketones,” which are an alternative form of energy for it to run on when your blood sugar is low. Ketones are produced when you eat fewer carbs and higher amounts of fat.
By producing ketones, your body will enter a metabolic state called ketosis, which helps your body become more efficient at burning energy.
The most important component of the keto diet is to avoid eating too many carbs as they can prevent your body from reaching ketosis. Ideally, your daily net carbs will range between 20 and 50 grams.
These are some of the most highly recommended foods for people following the keto diet:
- Natural fats (butter, olive oil, etc.)
- Meat and fatty fish
- Vegetables that grow above ground (Cauliflower, Broccoli, Tomatoes, etc.)
Alternatively, these foods should constitute a very small percentage of your diet or be removed completely as they are typically sugary and/or carb-heavy.
Delicious Keto Recipes
The keto diet can seem restrictive at first glance, but there is still plenty of opportunity to create delicious, keto-friendly meals that you’ll love. Take a look at these and try them for yourself!
Coconut Curry Chicken
2 chicken breasts
3 tbsps. coconut oil melted
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground cumin powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dill
1/4 tsp. BareOrganics Cayenne Pepper
sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients (except chicken) together in a glass baking dish.
- Season chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper and add them to the dish. Flip them around a few times to coat well.
- Store covered in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
- Heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake the chicken for 35-45 minutes, or until fully cooked, with no pink inside.
Maitake Salmon with Sautéed Veggies
For the Salmon
1 6-ounce fillet salmon, skinless
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
2 lemon slices
1/3 cup yellow squash, chopped
1/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/3 cup zucchini, chopped
2 tbs olive oil
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season salt with maitake mushroom powder, salt and pepper on all sides. Place lemon slices on baking sheet and then place salmon filet on top of the lemon slices.
- Roast salmon in oven until opaque on the outside and flakes easily with a fork, about 8 minutes.
- While salmon is roasting, heat olive oil in medium-sized pan on the stove. Stir in all veggies, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Sautee veggies until they have reached desired consistency.
- Remove salmon from oven, and veggies from stove. Plate, serve and enjoy!
Spice Up Your Keto Meals With BareOrganics!
BareOrganics Superfoods are our favorite way to add a dash of additional nutrients to our favorite recipes!
The best thing about them is that they are USDA Certified Organic, Natural, Chemical-Free and Non-GMO. They are raw, whole food sources with unique micro and macronutrients to help you feel your best each day!
Reference:Tags: BareOrganics, BIOVEA, dieting, healthy recipes, keto diet, keto food, keto recipes, keto-friendly, ketogenic foods, low-carb diet, meat, protein