This Valentine’s Day skip overly-processed, pre-made cakes and pastries. Bake your own healthy dessert recipe instead! Your partner is sure to love and appreciate the effort you went into to make something for this special day. Check out our tasty Beet-Red Velvet Cupcakes!
Unlike traditional red velvet cupcakes, our recipe incorporates beetroot powder. Beets are a unique source of phytonutrients that help support energy levels.
Beet-Red Velvet Cupcakes
1 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1/4 cup BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar
2 tbsp BareOrganics Cacao Powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup water
1/2 cup BareOrganics Agave Inulin
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 12-muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, coconut palm sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine beetroot powder, cacao powder, agave inulin powder, water, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Equally distribute cupcake mixture to each muffin tin.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Top with your favorite frosting and enjoy!Tags: BareOrganics, Beets, BIOVEA, healthy cooking, healthy living, healthy recipes, red velvet cupcakes, valentine’s day