Maca is an ancient herb that has been used for thousands of years for its adaptogenic properties. It is thought to help the body adapt to stress and support energy and stamina and is still one of the most appreciated superfoods today.
How Is Maca Used?
The raw and natural form of this special root is often added to smoothies, milks, flour for baking and more. Its earthy taste is slightly nutty with a hint of butterscotch, making it a delicious addition to your favorite recipes!
Add a dose of maca to your day with these delicious and energizing maca and hemp seed bites:
Energizing Maca Hemp Bites
1 cup raisin paste (1 ½ cup dried raisins, water)
1 cup raw almonds
1 tbsp. BareOrganics Maca Root Powder
1/3 cup hemp seeds
For the raisin paste:
- Place raisins in a glass bowl. Pour boiling water over them, just enough to cover raisins. Wait 10 minutes or so to reconstruct the raisins into plump fruit. Reserve ¼ cup raisin water and drain. Transfer into a food processor.
- Turn food processor on and let it go until you have a thick paste. Begin adding water, one tablespoon at a time, until you have a smooth peanut butter like consistency.
For the bites:
- Blend raisin paste, almonds, and maca powder in food processor until combined (and almonds are ground into tiny pieces).
- Roll “dough” by the tablespoon into round balls.
- Roll balls in hemp seeds.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Servings: 16 bites
Maca Root from BIOVEA
Not a fan of spending time in the kitchen? That’s OK! Many people choose to add maca to their diet with a simple dietary supplement. BIOVEA is proud offer organic maca in many convenient forms including capsules, liquid and powders! This diversity allows you to supplement your diet in a way that fits with your lifestyle.Tags: BareOrganics, BIOVEA, energy support, healthy lifestyle, healthy living, healthy recipes, Maca, Maca recipes, maca root powder, workout support
Comments For 'How Maca Can Support Your Workout'