Rainbow toast has been gaining traction as a major health food trend on Instagram and other forms of social media. It’s an easy way to add a little fun to your breakfast or brunch, and it also looks absolutely gorgeous.
If you’re interested in beautifying your own toast, check out our recipe below! Instead of using food colouring to create the rainbow effect, it uses natural, organic fruit and veggie powders for a healthy twist. It can also easily be made vegan and gluten free!
Pastel Palate Toast
4 tbsp lowfat cream cheese (can be vegan if desired)
1-2 slices whole grain bread (can be gluten free if desired)
1 tsp beet root powder (for reddish/pink)
1 tsp turmeric powder (for yellow/orange colour)
1 tsp wheatgrass powder (for green colour)
1 tsp acai powder (for violet/lavender colour)
1. Separate cream cheese evenly into 4 small bowls and microwave each for about 10 seconds to soften.
2. Place bread slices into the toaster or toaster oven and toast until desired.
2. Mix each individual powder into one of the bowls, adding more if you’d like a deeper colour.
3. Spread each colour onto the slices of toast, choosing whatever order or design you’d like!
4. Spread knife over the entire slice of toast in order to blend and soften the colours.
5. Top with chia seeds, granola, sprinkles, or your favourite berries if desired.
6. Enjoy! And don’t forget to snap a pic for social with the hashtag #biovea!