Lazy weekend mornings are so much better paired with a delicious and hearty breakfast in bed! Check out these recipes to stow away for future cozy weekends!
Maca Almond Banana Chocolate Chip Waffles
½ cup coconut flour
2 tbsp. BareOrganics Maca Root Powder
½ tsp. baking powder
2 tbsp. raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
¼ cup almond butter
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
Seeds from ½ vanilla bean
¼ cup mashed banana
3 tbsp. BareOrganics Sweet Cacao Nibs
- In a large bowl, combine and mix the coconut flour, maca powder, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond butter, honey, almond milk, vanilla and mashed banana until smooth.
- Slowly add the wet to the dry and stir until a smooth batter is achieved.
- Fold in the sweet cacao nibs.
- Heat your waffle iron as directed and once hot add the batter to the iron.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up (roughly 6 large waffles).
- Top the waffles with your favorite syrup, sweet cacao nibs, sliced banana or slivered almonds and enjoy!
Hemp Protein Pancakes
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3 tbsp. BareOrganics Ground Flax Seed
1 tbsp. light tasting olive oil
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup BareOrganics Hemp Protein Powder
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle to about 375 degrees Fahrenheit while you prepare the batter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, ground flaxseed, olive oil, and almond extract. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the hemp protein, white rice flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk well to combine.
- Allow the batter to sit for a minute or two to thicken before cooking.
- Scoop batter onto preheated griddle an 1/8 cup at a time.
- Cook until the pancake is browned on one side, then flip over and cook until browned on the other side.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
Fruity Baobab Scones
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup BareOrganics Cacao Nibs
1 stick cold butter
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp. of your favorite fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and baobab powder.
- Cut in cold butter with a pastry knife.
- Make a well in the center and add the yogurt.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the yogurt until all ingredients are wet and can be taken out of the bowl.
- Form a big ball with the dough and cut in half. Make two flat circles, about 1 inch thick and set next to each other. On one half, spread jam. Take the other half and place on top so the jam is sandwiched between the pieces.
- Cut into 6 triangles and place on a cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
What are some of your favorite hearty breakfast recipes? Share them in the comments below!