If you haven’t heard of bone broth, here’s one thing you should know: You should be eating it.
Bone broth has been a staple in Asian cuisine for thousands of years. Its pleasant flavour and rich makeup of minerals, collagen, glycine, and many more healing ingredients make bone broth the ultimate cure-all. And lately, bone broth has become widely recognised for its incredible ability to support a healthy digestive tract, immune system, youthful skin and overall health.
Make your own bone broth with our Ultimate Bone Broth Recipe:
2 to 4 pounds of bones from an organic, healthy source (beef, chicken, or fish)
2 whole carrots
3 stalks of celery
1 head of garlic, chopped in half.
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon of turmeric
2 tablespoons of organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon of sea salt (add more to taste)
1. Roast the bones in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
2. Remove the bones from the oven and place them into a large (5 gallon or larger) pot. Fill the pot with filtered water. Add Apple Cider Vinegar.
3. Chop the onion, carrots, and celery. Add to water. Add turmeric, bay leaves and pepper to the water.
4. Bring the broth to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Allow broth to simmer for at least 8 hours, skimming the excess fat and foam from the top every hour.
5. During the last hour, add the head of garlic and salt.
6. Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool. Strain broth through a fine metal strainer to remove all bones and vegetables. Refrigerate or enjoy right away!Tags: BIOVEA, bone broth recipes, health and wellness, healthy living, healthy recipes, vitamins and supplements