Hair loss can be frustrating, but finding an effective hair regrowth treatment can cause even more frustration.
Trichogen and Minoxidil are market-leading hair growth ingredients that have several similarities, along with differences. But both ingredients hold an impressive ability to stop hair loss. Here is an in-depth look at each of these hair loss solutions to help you choose a treatment that’s perfect for you.
How Are Trichogen & Minoxidil Similar?
Both Trichogen and Minoxidil are used to stop hair loss and promote regrowth by blocking and breaking down DHT (Dihydrotestosterone), the hormone that can cause balding. Each ingredient also supports scalp circulation and follicle health, and may be used topically.
The ingredients are also available in different potencies, ranging from 1 to 15 percent formulas.
How Are Trichogen & Minoxidil Different?
The composition and utility of Trichogen and Minoxidil differ a great deal. Trichogen is made up of botanical ingredients such as Arginine, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Zinc Gluconate and more. This blend of ingredients works to nourish hair follicles, block DHT and control sebum production.
Minoxidil is an FDA approved treatment that can stand on its own. Minoxidil was developed more than 20 years ago as a prescription for hypertension when doctors began to notice hair regrowth was a side effect of the treatment. Minoxidil works by widening hair follicles and increasing the anagen stage of hair growth.
Which Is Right For You?
Trichogen and Minoxidil can actually be used together to create a synergistic hair loss treatment. However, there are specific reasons to use either ingredient.
Use Trichogen if:
• You’re looking for a formula made with natural extracts and vitamins.
• You just began to notice hair thinning or are trying to prevent future hair loss.
• You’re looking to combine Trichogen with another hair loss product.
• You’re looking for a gentle but effective hair loss formula.
Use Minoxidil if:
• You’re looking for an FDA approved, dermatologist-recommended ingredient.
• You’re looking for a long-term hair loss treatment.
• You’re experiencing early or late signs of balding.
• Other hair loss products you’ve tried haven’t worked.