The next time you feel sick, whip up – or ask someone else to prepare – one of these delicious and healthy soups to help you get back to feeling your best. As an added bonus, most of these recipes include one of several BareOrganics mushroom blends, crafted with organically grown mushrooms.
Because mushrooms absorb what they grow in, organic mushrooms are the best way to ensure you aren’t unintentionally consuming harmful pesticides. BareOrganics powders preserve the powerful antioxidants that are so unique to the mushroom world without compromising your safety.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Soup
1 tablespoon avocado oil
8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 onion, diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 cups vegetable stock
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup half and half
2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
1 sprig rosemary
- Heat avocado oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Melt butter in the stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in vegetable stock, bay leaf, maitake mushroom powder, chicken thighs, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in half and half until heated through, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is too thick, add more half and half as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley and rosemary, if desired.
Immunity Boost Mushroom Soup
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup carrots, peeled and diced
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp. thyme
2 tsp. rosemary
2 lbs. mushrooms
1/2 cup BareOrganics Red Reishi Powder
6 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onions and garlic. Sauté until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add thyme and rosemary, mushroom and BareOrganics Red Reishi Powder, vegetable stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Spicy Vegan Ramen
1 tbsp. BareOrganics Coconut Oil
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk of lemongrass, cut in 2-inch pieces
1-inch cube galangal ginger
4 kafir lime leaves
½ cup shiitake mushrooms, cut in halves
2 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup coconut milk (made by combining 1 heaping scoop of BareOrganics Coconut Milk Powder to water until it reaches thick consistency)
1 ½ tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp. BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar
Squeeze of lime juice
½ pack soft tofu, cut into cubes
2 packs ramen noodles
- Heat the coconut oil in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, lemon grass, and galangal ginger and let cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the kafir lime leaves, shitake mushrooms, Mushroom Immune Blend and Thai red curry paste and mix together, letting cook for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the ramen noodles and let it come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles and let cook for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Serve immediately.
Roasted Beetroot and Tomato Soup
2 cloves of garlic
250g of beetroot
750g of tomatoes
1 tbsp. raw honey
2 tbsp. BareOrganics Coconut Oil
1 tbsp. BareOrganics Beet Root Powder
2 sprigs of rosemary
1 tsp. dried thyme
2 ½ cups vegetable broth
2 tbsp. coconut milk made by combining 1 heaping scoop of BareOrganics Coconut Milk Powder to water until it reaches thick consistency (store remaining coconut milk in the refrigerator)
- Peel the shallots and garlic and cut the shallots in half. Peel the beetroot and cube it. Quarter the tomatoes. Place all ingredients on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or into a baking dish. Drizzle with one or two tablespoons of coconut oil, the honey and season with sea salt, pepper and thyme. Add the rosemary and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes.
- Place the roasted veggies and their juice in a saucepan, add the vegetable broth and beetroot powder and bring to a boil. Puree the soup using a hand mixer or blender and season with salt and pepper and more honey if needed.
- Serve the soup on four plates, and garnish with 2 tablespoons of coconut milk and chopped rosemary.